Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Introduction


I guess I should introduce myself in this first post. I'm Amy, also known as A.G., and online, as "rimfire". I live north of Boston, tend to root for the Pittsburgh teams, just to tick off the Bostonians (since I grew up there), although I secretly root for the Boston teams as well, since I don't actively follow sports, just watch occasionally (kind of self-defense in this area.)

I write (both creatively and technically), design and maintain web sites, take care of my friend, Peggy (who had a stroke 11 years ago), make jewelry, and design displays. Pretty much anything that pays and is legal. I retired from being a full-time graphic designer about 1o years ago (when Peggy had her stroke), and now do it only part time, sometimes, especially since so much of the creative side of advertising has moved out of Boston.

For fun, I make quilts, jewelry, write, garden, play with cats (I have two grey ones: Rumor, called Ruey (the one with the long fur, on the ladder), and Edison, called Ed), and try to sleep when the cats let me. 

I just found out I have sleep apnea and am being tested to see if a CPAP will help. I also have depression which is being treated (when I remember to take my medicine...although I feel it when I don't!)

And that's me, in a nutshell.


No comments: